jet blonde | fashion, food, and lifestyle by the jet blonde

jet blonde | fashion, food, and lifestyle by the jet blonde

Thursday, October 2, 2014

ciao, italia!



As I'm sitting here at the Air France terminal awaiting to board my plane I can't help but think of the whirlwind of the past two years I've had living in Houston...

It's been a cluster of emotions: happy, sad, over-heated (thanks to the humidity), and I've had my fair of excitement (not always the good kind), but I look back at them with fondness. I've met some wonderful people, equally, I'm saying goodbye to a few that I'm happy to live without (ah, but that is life), and I'm carrying with me a pocket full of positivity and lessons learned. I am so looking forward to seeing my family, whom I have been without for over 730 days. I’m excited to travel some of Europe with them. I’m excited to meet new people, try new foods, and drink new things. More so, I’m excited for what will come after when I journey back to Cali with a new job and a new outlook on life. Hopefully one that is wiser, more worldly, and much more stylish! (Those Italians sure know how to rock a well-tailored jacket and scarf, don’t they?)

So, goodbye Houston and Ciao, Italia!