jet blonde | fashion, food, and lifestyle by the jet blonde

jet blonde | fashion, food, and lifestyle by the jet blonde

Sunday, May 27, 2012

At a crossroads...

So things have been a bit hectic as of late. Namely due to the fact that my family will be leaving for Italy this summer; I'm not moving with them, but planning to take my self back to SoCal; and I've been dealing with work issues and relationship issues and magazine issues--and I mean that last one literally. My friend Danny (who is a really amazing photographer here in Sac) asked me to do the styling for his summer editorial for Glacier Magazine's June edition, and after a month of planning (and a couple of last minute hiccups including models flaking and location falling through), we finally got to work on shooting the story on Friday!


I can't share much on it right now, because we can't release any photos until the actual issue comes out, but here's a little behind-the-scenes pic of Danny doing his photographer thing and me lending a helping hand with the light. (Taken by Ashlee, our amazing MUA.) The whole thing was such an amazing experience, and I'm so excited for my first magazine publication! This is a pretty big deal for me, considering I've only been at freelancing for a few months now. I was very flattered and grateful to Danny for asking me to be a part of it all. (Also to Crossroads Training Company, who allowed me to pull garments from their Arden location for the shoot!)


Also, my hair is lavender now! It's only temporary, mainly for a shoot that Ashlee has also asked me to be a part of. (And also just for fun haha) I'm so obsessed with pastel purple right now and I love to get my lavender and lilac on. I think its been my favorite color so far this Spring season, other than Mint of course.

Later!
- Kailee